What Are the Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases?
Damages in a medical malpractice claim are all of the ways that you suffer losses, personal & financial, from the medical malpractice that occurs.
For example, you may have additional medical bills because of the length of time it took you to heal. You may have extra medical expenses to repair the damage done from the medical malpractice. The damages that you may claim in a medical malpractice case include:
- Medical bills from delayed care
- Medical bills from additional treatment needed because of the medical malpractice
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for income from being out of work or unable to work anymore
- Home health aides if needed at that time
- Wheelchairs, crutches, and home modification expenses as appropriate
- Payment for Changes to Lifestyle and things you’re no longer able to do
- Medication costs
- Emotional anguish
- Mental health damages
- Wrongful death compensation, if applicable